Information we collect and how we collect it
In general, we collect and store two types of information:
1. Information (including personal information) that you and other people associated with your organization choose to enter into our systems. This includes:
- Email addresses
- Skill ratings
- Interest ratings
- Team membership
- Information about your organization
- Other information, files or documents that you or other people associated with your organization choose to enter into the system
2. Non-personal information associated with your transactions with our systems. This includes:
- IP address
- Access date and time
- Session identifier
- Activity and error logs
How we hold your information
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures. For a summary of the security measures we take, please see our Security statement. While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
Information we share
We do not and will not share, sell or otherwise intentionally disclose your information to third parties, unless you have engaged with Skills Base through one of our approved partners, in which case your information will be shared with that partner and governed also by their privacy policies. We take reasonable steps to protect against unauthorized disclosures, however your Skills Base Administrators (which are nominated and controlled by your organization) are responsible for controlling and granting access to your organization's data, which includes your personal data. Therefore, your Skills Base Administrators ultimately decide who has access to your data, and can also choose to revoke that access. We are not responsible for, and can not control the actions of, your organization's Skills Base Administrators.
Where you have explicitly granted your permission to us in writing to disclose certain information (such as company name and logo for the purpose of providing a review/testimonial) we may use that information for the purpose that you specifically granted.
How we use your information
We may use your information:
- To provide products and services to you, to assist you with inquiries or purchases, or to provide you with better service.
- To administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us.
- To gain an understanding of your needs, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our products and services
- To monitor system use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems.
Handling of email addresses
We do not and will not share, sell or otherwise intentionally disclose email addresses you enter or store in Skills Base to anyone unless we receive your express written permission to do so or you have engaged with Skills Base through one of our approved partners, in which case email addresses will be disclosed to that partner. The restriction includes disclosing email addresses to other members of your organization, even if they have an account in the same Skills Base instance.
We may contact your Skills Base Administrators from time to time in relation to relevant news and offers from Skills Base, however we will never use email addresses you store in the system to contact your employees (ie: non-Administrator accounts) unless:
- It is a system-generated email provided as part of the functionality of Skills Base (for example assessment reminders and password reset requests), or
- The employee contacts the Skills Base support team and requires a response, or
- There is an exceptional need relating to the use of Skills Base (for example a security concern, an error event, or other unexpected behavior)
Further information or to make a complaint